The Who Classic Albums: Who's Next
|You Save:||$7.01 (58% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: LMT 9075D
- by Fleetwood Mac ~ Classic Albums - Rumours ~ $9.94
- by Cream ~ Classic Album: Disraeli Gears ~ $9.94
- by Pink Floyd ~ Classic Albums: The Dark Side of the Moon ~ $9.94
- by Queen ~ Classic Albums: Making of A Night at the Opera ~ $9.94
- by The Who ~ Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who / Six Quick Ones (2-DVD) ~ $6.98 (Save 77%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 12, 2000
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- PCM Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Entwistle, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey & The Who|
|Directed by||Bob Smeaton|
In a career of defining moments, WHO'S NEXT might just be the single greatest testimony to the songwriting talent of Pete Townshend and the musical power of The Who. This stellar documentary provides a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the making of the celebrated album, which was salvaged from the remains of Townshend's abandoned, overly ambitious sci-fi rock opera "Lifehouse." Featuring interviews with Townshend and surviving band members Roger Daltrey and John Entwistle, this episode of the CLASSIC ALBUMS series is a vital companion piece to the album itself, which includes such legendary hits as "Baba O'Riley," "The Song is Over," and "Won't Get Fooled Again." Early archival footage of the band performing classic tracks like "I Can't Explain" and "My Generation" help to further illustrate just how far the band journeyed to become one of rock-and-roll's most towering giants.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Released in 1971, "Who's Next" is viewed by many as the greatest testament to the songwriting talent of Pete Townshend and the musical power of The Who. The story of how The Who came to record the album is told by group members Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, and John Entwistle, together with contributions by those who were close to the group during this recording, also providing insight into the importance of the late great Keith Moon to the success of The Who. Included in this documentary are previously unseen acoustic performances of "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Won't Get Fooled Again," which prove the longevity and lasting appeal of "Who's Next."
Rock And Roll | Documentary | Rock Bands | Rock Documentaries | Rock Music | Rock Legends | Rock Musicians
- The CLASSIC ALBUMS series was originally produced for television. Other featured albums include Jimi Hendrix's ELECTRIC LADYLAND, Fleetwood Mac's RUMOURS, Phil Collins's FACE VALUE, and many more.
- Pete Townshend suffered a nervous breakdown while working on the sequel to TOMMY, which led him to abandon the ambitious "Lifehouse" project.
Live in Vegas: The Vegas Job Reunion Concert (DVD)
$3.18 on SALE
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 Super Savings
Music from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Volume 2 (DVD)
$7.98 on SALE
What You Want Is in the Limo: On the Road with Led... (Book)
$6.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
Based on 38 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE