- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 21, 2008
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Fox Searchlight
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint, Sensormatic
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French - Optional
Additional Release Material:
Behind the Scenes:
- "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Director Lee Tamahori and Producer Michael G. Wilson
- Stars Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Pike
Comparisons - "Declassified: M16 Vault" - From Script to Screen
- Making of Madonna's Die Another Day Music Video
- Making of 007 Nightfire
Music Video - Madonna - "Die Another Day'
- "Title Design (Opening Credits Breakdown)"
- "Digital Grading (Effects Featurette)"
- "Equipment Briefing (Gadgets Featurette)"
- Bond Special Edition Catalog Trailer
- TV Spots
- Interactive Tour - 1"007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of DIE ANOTHER DAY
- Multiple Angles - Inter-Action Sequences (Multi-Angle Explorations)
- Photo Gallery - Image Database
DVD-ROM Features (Unspecified)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 11/22/2002
"...The most satisfying Bond movie since THE SPY WHO LOVED ME..."
USA Today - 11/22/2002
"...Brosnan is ever suave and dashing in his fourth effort as Bond....Berry's sleek beauty is well-suited to the role..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/29/2002
"...DIE ANOTHER DAY is the sexiest and most exciting Bond adventure in years....Tamahori gets the true trick of Bond..."
Rolling Stone - 12/02/2002
"...Brosnan, in his fourth time up at the Bond bat, hits this one out of the park..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/22/2002
"...Tamahori springs a few surprises in DIE ANOTHER DAY..."
Variety - 11/18/2002
"...Brosnan once again proves more than up to the task of filling bond's shoes and, especially in the early going, gives the character some dark and nasty shadings that reveal a welcome desire to take Bond back to Ian Fleming-based basics..."
In DIE ANOTHER DAY, the 20th James Bond adventure, 007 (Pierce Brosnan) gets off to a rough start when he is captured and subsequently tortured during an assignment in North Korea. When the suave secret agent is eventually liberated, he embarks on a dangerous mission to Cuba that involves tracking a terrorist named Zao (Rick Yune). There, 007 encounters Jinx (Halle Berry), a formidable and alluring fellow spy. Soon Bond is back in England following a mysterious trail that leads to Gustav Graves (Toby Stephens), a flamboyant diamond mogul. After a rather bloody introduction, Graves invites 007 to Iceland, where he plans to unveil his enigmatic Icarus project. Before long, Bond and Jinx are reunited and battling Graves, Zao, and other villains bent on world domination.
With this Bond installment, directed by Lee Tamahori, 007 catches up with the 21st century, and the results are grittier and more explosive than ever before. Although it begins as one of the darkest and most violent Bond films, the intense mood of DIE ANOTHER DAY is counterbalanced by typically clever and funny moments. Brosnan is in fine form as the iconic hero, while Berry shines as the immediately likeable Jinx. Stephens and Yune make excellent bad guys, and the rest of the cast--including Judi Dench, John Cleese, Rosamund Pike, and Michael Madsen--provide key supporting roles. With its hi-tech gadgets and special-effects-laden set pieces, DIE ANOTHER DAY clearly has its eye on the future, but in numerous scenes it also lovingly embraces the past, placing the film in the upper tier of Bond movies.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
When his top-secret mission is sabotaged, James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) finds himself captured by theenemy, abandoned by MI6 and stripped of his 00-license. Determined to get revenge, Bond goes head-to-head with a sultry spy (Oscar® winner* Halle Berry), a frosty agent (Rosamund Pike) anda shadowy billionaire (Toby Stephens) whose business is diamonds but whose secret is a diabolical weapon that could bring the world to its knees! Bristling with excitement and bursting with explosivespecial effects, Die Another Day is an adrenaline-pumping thrill-ride with "stunts and non-stop action [that] will astonish you" (Jeffrey Lyons, WNBC-TV)! *2001: Actress, Monster'sBall
James Bond |
London, England |
Secret Agents |
- Theatrical release date: November 22, 2002.
- In DIE ANOTHER DAY, Bond drives an Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish. After the movie was released, sales of this car skyrocketed, breaking all records against other Aston Martin models.
- Halle Berry's Jinx in DIE ANOTHER DAY performs the same seductive scene, emerging from the sea clad in a bikini and knife holster, as Ursula Andress's Honey Ryder in DR. NO.