Woman Times Seven
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.66 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.32 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 16, 2008
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Alan Arkin, Rossano Brazzi, Michael Caine, Vittorio Gassman, Peter Sellers, Anita Ekberg & Elspeth March|
|Directed by||Vittorio De Sica|
|Edited by||Teddy Darvas & Victoria Mercanton|
|Screenwriting by||Cesare Zavattini|
|Composition by||Riz Ortolani|
|Art Direction by||Bernard Evein|
|Produced by||Arthur Cohn|
|Director of Photography:||Christian Matras|
In WOMAN TIMES SEVEN, celebrated director Vittorio De Sica returned to the vignette format with a series of shorts starring Shirley Maclaine. In the first episode, Maclaine plays a widow whose grief is dissipated by the amorous intentions of Peter Sellars. In "Amateur Night" Maclaine turns to prostitution to get even with her cheating husband (Rossano Brazzi). In "Two Against One" Maclaine plays a hippy who enjoys reading poetry in the nude to amorous gentlemen. "Super Simone" allows Maclaine to get zany as an unhappy housewife in competition with her husband's fantasies of an ideal woman. "At the Opera" provides Maclaine the role of a petty socialite determined to have the finest dress at the opera. In the sixth vignette, Maclaine and Alan Arkin are illicit lovers who want to commit suicide together, but can't agree on the method. In the last tale, Maclaine plays a housewife who is overjoyed to find a handsome man (Michael Caine) ogling over her. Throughout the seven stories, Maclaine's characterization is bolstered by impeccable changes in hair, make-up, and wardrobe, including gowns designed by Pierre Cardin. WOMAN TIMES SEVEN followed just behind De Sica acheived widespread success with YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW, an episodic comedy starring Sophia Loren.
In this episodic film directed by Vittorio De Sica, Shirley MacLaine stars as seven different women, ranging from a widow, a cheating wife, as well as a wife cheated on, to a poetry-waxing hippie and a neurotic high society lady.
- Theatrical release: June 28, 1967.
- Shot on location in France.
- Length of each episode: "Funeral Procession" is 8 minutes; "Amateur Night" is 15 minutes; "Two Against One" is 15 minutes; "Super Simone" is 14 minutes; "At the Opera" is 15 minutes; and "Snow" is 16 minutes.
- Shirley MacLaine plays Seven different roles:
Paulette in "Funeral Procession"
Maria Teresa in "Amateur Night"
Linda in "Two Against One"
Edith in "Super Simone"
Eve Minou in "At the Opera"
Marie in "The Suicides"
Jeanne in "Snow"
- Additional cast: Catherine Samie (Jeannine) & Judith Magre (2nd Streetwalker) in "Amateur Night", and Clinton Greyn (MacCormick) in "Two Against One".
- An Arthur Cohn production.
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (Includes... (DVD)
$13.34 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$11.14 Super Savings
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Chan Triple Feature: The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE