- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Sea Crown Ventues
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: Previously Unreleased Archival Skateboarding Footage
- Audio Commentary: Steve Rocco Commentary
- Industry Analysis
- Blind Video Reviews
- Worst of Big Brother Magazine
- Production Art: Collector's Board Art Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Though Steve Rocco may not be a famous name outside the skateboarding world, he's a god to those who know the sport. This documentary profiles the man who took on the corporate giants and made skateboarding what it is today. THE MAN WHO SOULED THE WORLD features interviews with skateboarders Rodney Mullen and Jeremy Klein, as well as Jason Lee, Johnny Knoxville, and Larry Flynt.
THE MAN WHO SOULED THE WORLD tells the story of Steve Rocco the irreverent genius who transformed the skateboard industry from corporate to skater-owned with a do-it-yourself punk attitude. Steve's antics and entrepreneurial impact on the skateboard business are huge and have had a significant impact on broader mainstream culture as Steve is the man who gave Spike Jonze his first directing gig, discovered Jason Lee, and created Big Brother magazine, which became the genesis of JACKASS. An against all odds, rags to riches saga with plenty of action and perspectives from a who's who of the skateboarding world. Incredible soundtrack featuring David Bowie, Nirvana, The Pixies, Mother Love Bone, Public Enemy, The Flaming Lips, Soundgarden, Cypress Hill, Primus, The Offspring, Milk, and Ned's Atomic Dustbin.
- Theatrical Release - SEPTEMBER 28, 2007 (Limited)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 184860000223
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item