- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: January 26, 1999
- Originally Released: 1916
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Released by Universal in 1916, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" was the first great special effects spectacular of early cinema. Based on the Jules Verne novel, the story concerns a team of scientists investigating a series of naval disturbances who find the culprit is the Nautilus, a submarine piloted by Captain Nemo, a hate-driven renegade seaman. Over a year-and-a-half in production, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" is a colorful recreation of Verne's science fiction classic.
The wonderful silent version of the Jules Verne classic, newly mastered from an archive print.
High Seas |