Ambush (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
The U.S. Cavalry knows that traveling the unmapped Arizona Territory canyons and trails in search of a woman kidnapped by Apaches could mean riding into a trap. So they request the help of Ward Kinman.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Billy the Kid ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Devil's Doorway (Full Screen) ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- The Last Hunt (Widescreen) ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- Return of the Gunfighter ~ $15.99 (Save 27%)
- Ride, Vaquero! (Full Screen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2011
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Hodiak, Robert Taylor, Arlene Dahl, Don Taylor, Jean Hagen & John McIntire|
|Directed by||Sam Wood|
|Screenwriting by||Marguerite Roberts|
|Composition by||Rudolph G. Kopp|
|Director of Photography:||Harold Lipstein|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The U.S. Cavalry knows that traveling the unmapped Arizona Territory canyons and trails in search of a woman kidnapped by Apaches could mean riding into a trap. So they ask the help of Ward Kinman, a prospector and scout who knows both the terrain and the ways of the warring tribesmen. Nearly a decade after Billy the Kid, Robert Taylor saddled up a second time and portrayed Kinman in Ambush, the film that began his steady string of work in a genre that suited him like a Colt .45 tucked easy into hip leather. Marguerite Roberts (True Grit) offers a script filled with blazing action and romantic subplots. Among the co-stars: Chief Thundercloud (Tonto in The Lone Ranger serials of 1938 and 1939).
AMBUSH is a tight, well-paced western, expertly assembled by veteran director Sam Wood, whose last film this was. Robert Taylor stars as an Indian scout, sent to rescue a woman who is somewhere deep in Apache territory. The woman's sister, naturally, goes along for the ride: she is played by Arlene Dahl, then in her considerable prime. Outside of its feminine angle, AMBUSH is packed with action from first frame to last. Released to theatres at the tail end of 1949, the film was an unqualified success with holiday audiences.
Classic Western Collection: 4 Movie Marathon (Albuquerque /... (DVD)
$8.01 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
One of Taylor's best Movie Lover: Charles Waugh from MONMOUTH, ME US -- April, 15, 2011
This is a terrific western: lots of action, good pace, excellent supporting cast, and a stunning climax (that has stuck in my mind for 60 years).
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)(15)
$15.98 on SALE
3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE