Warner Archive Collection (series)
Folks headed from Santa Fe to St. Louis by wagon train trust the riders escorting them, tough hombres who fought off an Indian attack. Yet they are really Confederate soldiers leading the wagon train and its cargo of Union gold into a Rebel ambush.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2011
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Arlene Dahl, Barry Sullivan, Claude Jarman, Jr., Joel McCrea & James Whitmore|
|Directed by||Roy Rowland|
|Screenwriting by||Irving Ravetch|
|Composition by||André Previn|
|Director of Photography:||Charles Schoenbaum|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Folks headed from Santa Fe to St. Louis by wagon train trust the riders escorting them, tough hombres who proved their mettle by fighting off an Indian attack. Yet the riders are wolves in sheep's clothing. They're Confederate soldiers who aim to lead the wagon train and its cargo of Union gold into a Rebel ambush. The Outriders is about that journey... and of one man's journey from villain to hero. Joel McCrea plays the Johnny Reb whose change of heart is inspired in part by a lovely wagon train passenger (Arlene Dahl). Rugged men. Wide-open spaces. Sudden dangers. The hallmarks of the cinematic West are here. And topping them all is a daring river crossing that's "one of the best of its kind ever done on film" (Variety).
MGM went into the western-programmer business relatively late in the game, but made up for lost time with such laudable efforts as THE OUTRIDERS. Joel McCrea stars as one of three Confederate soldiers who escape from a northern prison compound. The three men join a wagon train, hoping to capture a Yankee gold shipment to help their cause. When the wagoners are attacked by Indians, McCrea decides to reassess his priorities and protect the passengers--especially the stunning Arlene Dahl. THE OUTRIDERS was produced in the wake of MGM's surprise success with 1949's AMBUSH.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)(15)
$15.98 on SALE
3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD)(7)
$2.98 on SALE
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Special Ed.) (2-DVD)(116)
$7.98 on SALE
3 Pack Westerns: Lawman / Hour of the Gun / Day of the... (DVD)(8)
$6.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE