Loudon Wainwright III
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$10 (59% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 19, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Yep Roc Records
Rolling Stone - p.883.5 stars out of 5 -- "Wainwright's voice sounds better than ever, adding the weight of history to songs that were poignant to begin with."
Dirty Linen - pp.86-87"Projecting the kind of depth acquired only through experience, the father of Rufus and Martha brings a fresh interpretation to still-potent songs about alcoholism, parenting, and dealing with fame."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1123 stars out of 5 -- "'School Days' stands out as a poignantly melodic rumination on childhood, the acerbic 'Be Careful There's A Baby In The House' is quintessential Wainwright....Enduringly engaging music."
Paste (magazine) (pp.60-61) - "With the help of producer Joe Henry, Loudon Wainwright III has been excavating his own past, and he's disgorged some hibernating gems from his first four albums, revisiting ghosts that haunted him 35 years ago."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Loudon Wainwright III (vocals, guitar); Greg Leisz (guitars, pedal steel guitar, mandolin); Joe Henry (acoustic guitar); Bill Frisell (electric guitar); Patrick Warren (piano, pump organ, keyboards); David Piltch (bass guitar); Jay Bellerose (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Ryan Freeland.
Though he was never able to live down his unfortunate tag as "the new Dylan" when he emerged in the 1960s, Loudon Wainwright III recorded some incredible music during that time, and has continued to do so since. RECOVERY finds the 21st-century Loudon Wainwright III digging into his back catalogue to revisit, and re-record, some of that material.
Many of Wainwright's '60s gems are here, including "Man Who Couldn't Cry," "New Paint," and the heartbreaking "Motel Blues." Working with a full band and producer Joe Henry, Wainwright brings the wisdom of the intervening years to bear on these old-school classics, making for a listening experience that's both fresh and familiar.
Loudon Wainwright IIIStrange Weirdos: Music From & Inspired By 'Knocked Up'
$9.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Folk Music Categories:
Addiss / Crofut
World Tour With Folk Songs (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
- Adna Closure (CD) ~ $13.48
- Against Me! Against Me! Is Reinventing Axl Rose (CD) ~ $16.18
- Against Me! Crime as Forgiven by Against Me! (CD) ~ $8.98
- Against Me! Disco Before the Breakdown (CD) ~ $7.18
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE