- Released: February 18, 1997
- Label: Red House
- 2.Forgotten the Blues
- 3.Donal Og / My Generous Lover / The Coo Coo Bird / Santa Cruz
- 4.Betsy the Serving Maid
- 5.Hard Love
- 6.Broke Down Engine
- 7.Rosie Anderson / The Shearing's Not For You / Bogie's Bonny Belle
- 8.The Company You Keep
- 9.Lord Gregory
- 11.Pretty Saro / Long Steel Rail
- 12.Will This House Be Blessed / The First Cut Is The Deepest
Solo performer: Martin Simpson (vocals, acoustic guitar).
Recorded live at The Holywell Music Room, Oxford, England on October 15, 1994.
Fans of Simpson's meld of traditional Celtic and the blues and spirituals of African-Americans can get a taste of a Simpson performance in this one-man acoustic show, performed at the Holywell Music Room at Oxford in October 1994. The artist is in excellent form throughout. His acoustic guitar is the perfect backdrop for his smoky voice. The songs are uniformly superb, whether from traditional sources or Simpson's own pen. Especially effective is "Lilith," which he dedicates to victims of bigotry and violence, and the opening "Dreanitime," written for and about Nipper Kapirigi, tribal elder of the Australian Kakadu tribe. ~ Ross Boissoneau