- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 2010
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: New Video Group
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio Commentary from Derrick Comedy (Dominic Dierkes, Dan Eckman, Donald Grover, Meggie McFadden, and DC Pierson)
- "The Making Of Mystery Team"
- "Who Is Wally Cummings'" Comedy Short
- Gag Reel/Deleted Scenes Montage
- Pre-production Test Scene
- Sword Club
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
William S. Burroughs,
Henry Miller &
Neil Ortenberg &
Tanya Ager Meillier &
Director of Photography:
New York Times - 09/26/2008
"OBSCENE is a warm, entertaining compendium of counterculture voices and literary landmarks. It's the story of a man who follow his own drummer....We should all be grateful that he does."
Los Angeles Times - 10/03/2008
"OBSCENE is as vital, incisive and entertaining as its subject, Barney Rosset, who in his 80s is as witty and impassioned as ever in his defense of the freedom of expression."
Cultural luminaries as varied as John Waters, Amiri Baraka, John Sayles, and Erica Jong join for the common cause of celebrating the career and influence of Barney Rosset. As the publisher of Grove Press and Evergreen Review, Rosset battled for the ending of censorship and brought many fascinating voices to the public ear. But the excitement didn't stop with his professional life; friends and family watched in horror as Rosset's experiences took him right to the edge. OBSCENE features music from Bob Dylan, the Doors, Patti Smith, and more.
American History |
Theatrical Release |
- UPC: 767685214787
- Shipping Weight: 0.18/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item