Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Lions Gate
- Note: Introduction by Terry Gilliam
- Filmed interviews with Allan Scott, Terence Davies and Ronald Harwood
- Audio commentary with ealing expert Phil Kemp
- "Forever Ealing" documentary
- "Cleaning up The Ladykillers"
- Interview with James Mangold
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2002
"...Viewed at half a century's distance, it comes across as a sardonic paean to Victorian values and the enduring power of the English nanny..."
As part of an elaborate heist, a band of no-nonsense gangsters take up residence in an apartment posing as a musical ensemble. However, the little old landlady ends up compromising each and every step of their plan, forcing them to attempt her murder with similar results.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: February 24, 1956.
- Filmed on location at King's Cross, London, England.
- THE LADYKILLERS is number 13 on the British Film Institute 100 list.
- Peter Sellers (Harry) and Herbert Lom (Louis) would again costar as Inspector Clouseau and Chief Inspector Dreyfus, respectively, in the PINK PANTHER film series.
- Both Alec Guinness (Professor Marcus) and Peter Sellers were famed for their extraordinary knack for disguise--Guinness for playing eight different parts in KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS, and Sellers for playing a trio of roles in DR. STRANGELOVE.