- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 3, 2004
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono - French
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Richard Chamberlain returns as Allan Quatermain in this sequel to "King Solomon's Mines." In search of his missing brother, the dashing adventurer and his fiancee trek through the uncharted jungles of Africa and accidentally discover a legendary lost civilization.
An adventurer, along with his archaeologist girlfriend, a mystic and an African warrior, heads to Africa to search for his brother. The brother had gone there to study a lost white race when he disappeared, and it is precisely this race of Phoenicians that the group finds... and, ultimately, has to save.
- Shot in Rank color, JDC Widescreen, Ultra-Stereo, partially on location in Zimbabwe.
- Gary Nelson's "Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold" is a followup to the Cannon 1985 "King Solomon's Mines." This 1985 version of "King Solomon's Mines" was itself a remake of the 1977 film "King Solomon's Treasure," directed by Harry Alan Towers. They are based on the adventure novel "Allan Quartermain" by H. Rider Haggard.
- The film was also known as "Allan Quartermain and the City of Gold."