- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: "More Than A Film" Featurette - Director Kris Belman's Filmmaking Journey from Concept to Completion
- "Winning Ways" Featurette - Interviews Include Prominent Sports Psychologists, the Director, Coach Dru Joyce ll and Players
- "Behind the Music" Featurette - Explore the Making of the Film's Music with Producer and Composer Harvey Mason, Jr.
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hollywood Reporter - 09/28/2009
“This year you're not going to get a more exciting or thought-provoking movie filled with memorable characters and dramatic events than MORE THAN A GAME.”
Los Angeles Times - 10/02/2009
"MORE THAN A GAME is a knockout of a sports documentary....A sincere but unsentimental tribute to the value sports can have in people's lives..."
USA Today - 10/02/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "MORE THAN A GAME is a quintessential American story of perseverance. It is also a story about the bonds of friendship and the often-bumpy process of coming of age."
Box Office - 10/01/2009
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[The film] provides a steady and occasionally inspirational riff on Heywood Broun's wonderful adage, 'sports do not build character, they reveal it'..."
Wall Street Journal - 10/02/2009
"[F]ascinating not only for its portrait of an emergent -- and endearing -- superstar, but for the evolution of three teammates the young LeBron came to love, and the hard-driving coach who evolved with them."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/09/2009
"MORE THAN A GAME is a documentary, but it's every inch a triumph-of-the-underdogs fairy tale..." -- Grade: B+
A.V. Club - 02/03/2010
"The inspirational documentary MORE THAN A GAME collects a wealth of footage..."
Though Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James is inarguably NBA royalty, this documentary chronicles his early rise to the crown with his high school career. MORE THAN A GAME focuses on James, as well as the four other members of Akron's "Fab Five," as they compete for a national high school championship in basketball.
Basketball Stars |
High School Students |