- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 06/23/1995
"...A sweet, homemade-looking, celebratory movie..." -- Rating: B
Variety - 02/13/1995
"A big, colorful extravaganza....A fun show to behold, a tribute to the human imagination at its most diverse and eccentric..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/23/1995
"...Totally fun....WIGSTOCK: THE MOVIE captures the good cheer, outrageous humor and high energy of downtown Manhattan's annual Labor Day drag extravaganza..."
Step behind the scenes of the world's most dazzling drag-queen extravaganza with glamorous Rupaul and a host of celebrities and performers. Part concert footage, part documentary, and all flamboyantly fun!
A documentary look at the annual Labor Day festival-in-drag held in lower Manhattan. The founder of Wigstock, Lady Bunny, hosts the festivities for an audience of 20,000, who witness a fantastic array of costumes and celebrity impersonators. Famous stars such as Alexis Arquette, RuPaul and Lypsinka also make appearances. Director Barry Shils uses footage from the 1993 and 1994 Wigstocks as well as behind-the-scenes interviews that reveal the men behind the elaborate gowns.
- Released theatrically in New York City June 9, 1995.
- The Wigstock Festival was organized by The "Lady" Bunny and Scott Lifshutz.
- Other appearances by: The "Lady" Bunny, Deee-Lite, John Kelly
- Copyright 1995 The Wigstock Venture.