Paul Davis Paul Davis 
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.63 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 10, 2009
- Label: Wounded Bird Records
- 1.Do Right
- 2.Cry Just A Little
- 3.He Sang Our Love Songs
- 4.All The Way
- 5.Too Slow Too Disco
- 6.Let Me Know If It's Over
- 7.Do You Believe In Love
- 8.So True
- 9.When Everything Else Is Gone
- 10.Paul Davis Radio Interview (w / "Captain Craig") - June 1980
Personnel: Paul Davis (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer, vibraphone, background vocals); Ed Seay (electric guitar, trombone, background vocals); Kenny Mims (electric guitar); Jay Scott (alto saxophone); Tommy Cooper (trombone); Alan Feingold (keyboards, synthesizer); James Stroud (drums, percussion, background vocals); Pepper Watkins, Marilyn Scott, Nigel Olsson, Will Boulware (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Ed Seay.
Recording information: 95SGF Studios, Savannah, GA; Crystal Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Web IV Recording Studios, Atlanta, GA.
Arrangers: Ed Seay; Paul Davis .
Building upon the warm soft rock of Singer of Songs -- Teller of Tales, Paul Davis delivered his smoothest record with his eponymous 1980 LP. The tempo may get kicked up a notch once every side -- in a tongue-in-cheek fashion on "Too Slow to Disco," in a serious way on "So True" -- but those moments bear none of the blues-boogie that still popped up on Singer of Songs; they're just palette-cleansers to prepare listeners for the next mellow molasses ballad. As the '70s gave way to the '80s, Davis did this sound better than almost anyone else, and Paul Davis is a sustained piece of soothing soft rock, to the extent that the overall mood matters more than the individual songs. The easy elegance of "Do Right" -- the opening song here and one of Davis' best-ever tunes -- suggests otherwise, but as the album rolls on what sticks is not the melodies but the atmosphere, which is welcoming and amiable, thanks to how Davis breathes life into these glossy, immaculate surfaces with his easy, friendly style. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Top of The Pop Hits - The 80s (6-CD Box Set / Cardboard...
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE