Across the Sierras (Full Screen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 1, 2011
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bill Elliott, Dick Curtis, Luana Walters & Dub Taylor|
|Performer:||Luana Walters, Dub Taylor, Dick Curtis & Richard Fiske|
|Directed by||D. Ross Lederman|
|Screenwriting by||Paul Franklin|
|Produced by||Leon Barsha|
|Director of Photography:||George Meehan|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Bill Elliott plays Wild Bill Hickok, who rescues a friend from hanging and tries to encourage his wayward friend - who turns out to be not so innocent after all - to settle down and take up ranching. Bill has decided the quiet life is for him, after falling for a pretty young Anne (Luana Walters), who wants him to hang up his guns. Of course, Hickok's too good a gunslinger to go unchallenged for long, and soon he faces a decision about which moral code he will live by - his own or his girl's pacifist ideal. Playing Bill's goofy xylophone-playing sidekick, Cannonball, is Dub Taylor, just years after his film debut in Frank Capra's You Can't Take it With You. Newly remastered.
The taciturn William Elliott stars in this above-average entry in Columbia's "Wild Bill Hickock" B-Western series. Returning to town with Larry Armstrong (Richard Fiske), an old friend he has just saved from a lynch mob, Hickock learns that Mitch Carew (Dick Curtis), a prison parolee, has killed Dan Woodworth (John Dilson), and is now attempting to buy Woodworth's store as a front for his nefarious schemes. Larry, who is embittered about the low wages being paid by the area's ranchers, opts to join Carew's gang of thugs. Wild Bill, meanwhile, is courting Woodworth's Eastern-bred niece Ann (Luana Walters), but the girl scoffs at his old-fashioned western ways. Alarmed that Larry has been involved in a stage robbery, Bill arranges to meet his old friend. Their rendezvous turns hostile and as Wild Bill is about to leave, Stringer (Leroy Mason), one of Mitch's stooges, takes a shot at him. Returning fire, Bill accidentally shoots and kills Larry. Blaming himself for the death of his friend, Bill vows to bring Mitch to justice. But when Ann once again denounces her suitor's western code of ethics, Bill offers to give up his guns and become "a peaceful man." When he learns that Mitch is waiting for him, our hero straps on his guns once again and goes to meet his destiny. A shootout in the street finally ends Mitch's reign of terror. Realizing that he will never be able to forsake the code of the west, Bill bids Ann a fond farewell and leaves town.
Movies 4 You: Western Classics (The Lone Gun, Ride Out For...
$7.72 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,649
- UPC: 043396378025
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Dodge City (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Last Frontier (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE