- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 10/30/1987
"...Here comes Whoopi! She's all flash and sass as an undercover cop in FATAL BEAUTY..."
A tough female plainclothes officer hunts down the murderous drug dealers who are spreading a stolen shipment of poisoned cocaine all over L.A.
Whoopi Goldberg plays fast-talkin' L.A. narc Rita Rizzoli, who goes undercover to blow the lid off a local cocaine ring. The twist is that the stuff being pushed by these small-timers is contaminated and lethally poisonous. Of course, this doesn't stop them from taking their shot at the big leagues by continuing to sell the tainted narcotics. Rita finds the time to romance a white bodyguard hired to kill her, then turns the bad guys into so much Swiss cheese.
- Additional cast: David Harris (Raphael) and Clayton Landey (Jimmy Silver)
- Additional credits: E.C. Chen (set designer); Barry Thomas (assistant director); Cimmaron Productions (main titles).
- Shot in Los Angeles, California in Metrocolor; prints by DeLuxe.
- Estimated budget: $12-15 million.
- Originally rated MPAA X, the filmmakers appealed and the film was rerated MPAA R.
- Began shooting February 23, 1987. Released in USA October 30, 1987. Released on video May 24, 1988.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- According to Variety, John Milius was originally set to direct this film, with Cher starring in the role that ultimately went to Whoopi Goldberg.