- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 19, 2001
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 08/15/1997
"Hollywood more or less anticipated David Lynch in this crazy Cold War masterpiece..."
Hard-hitting detective Mike Hammer (Ralph Meeker) takes on thugs and atomic secrets in Robert Aldrich's fast-paced thriller KISS ME DEADLY, an adaptation of the Mickey Spillane novel. The night goes awry for Hammer soon after he picks up a scantily clad hitchhiker (Cloris Leachman). The next thing he knows, he's assaulted by a couple of goons and the sultry drifter turns up dead. As Hammer tracks down the murderers, he realizes he is involved in an international conspiracy--one that could cost him his life. Generally considered to be the best of the many films centering on Spillane's classic protagonist and lauded as a primary inspiration and building block for the French Nouvelle Vague, KISS ME DEADLY boasts nightmarish imagery, a careening, sinuous plot, and an unforgettable shock ending.
Mike Hammer investigates the murder of a knockout blonde and ends up neck-deep in a sinister conspiracy.
- KISS ME DEADLY was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- Additional cast includes: Marian Carr (Friday); Jerry Zinneman (Sammy); Madi Comfort (Night Club Singer); James McCallian (Super); James Seay (FBI Man); Mara McAfee (Nurse); Jesslyn Fax (Mrs. Super) and Mort Marshall.
- Aspect ratio 1.85:1.