- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 19, 1999
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: INSIDE FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
- Music Video: Sheena Easton - "For Your Eyes Only"
- Audio Commentary:
- John Glen - Director
- Michael G. Wilson - Executive Producer
- Cast and Crew
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots
- Stills/Photos: Gallery with Over 150 Images
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1981 -
Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award
Variety - 06/24/1981
"...A truly sympathetic heroine, fetchingly portrayed by Carole Bouquet, who exhibits a humanity and emotionalism..."
New York Times - 06/26/1981
"...[Moore's] Bond retains an ageless cool....Slick entertainment..."
Roger Moore makes his fifth appearance as 007 in this, the twelfth Bond film. In this outing, the renowned British double agent must locate a weapons system known as ATAC, which controls Great Britain's submarines, after it is sunk on a ship in the Ionian Sea. While he must contend with a formidable foe in the villain known as Kristatos (Julian Glover), he does have the lovely and talented Melina (Carole Bouquet), the daughter of a scientist killed by Kristatos, on his side. For fans craving their old favorites, Blofeld, Moneypenny and Q all put in appearances. The stunts come fast and furious, most notably a breathtaking race down a ski slope at the film's opening. Academy Award Nominations: Best Original Song ("For Your Eyes Only").
James Bond trades in his stylish wardrobe and trademark fancy gadgets for an action-packed mission filled with stunts, chases and elaborate set pieces. Sent to recover a secret government apparatus hidden somewhere at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea, 007 has to contend with hungry sharks as well as an array of enemy agents.
- Shot in Technicolor and Panavision.
- Additional cast: Michael Gothard (Locque), John Wyman (Kriegler) and Janet Brown (The Prime Minister).