Dan Crary Jammed If I Do
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: May 11, 1994
- Label: Sugarhill
- 1.St. Anne's Reel
- 2.B & B Rag
- 3.Conversation With Doc Watson
- 4.Whistlin' Rufus / Ragtime Annie - (with Doc Watson)
- 5.Banjo Signal
- 6.Conversation With Tony Rice
- 7.Cattle in the Cane - (with Tony Rice)
- 8.Twin Reel
- 9.Conversation With Beppe Gambetta
- 10.Foggy Mountain Special -(With Beppe Gambetta)
- 11.Tribute to Don Reno: Remington Ride / Home Sweet Home / Green Mountain Hop / Follow The Leader
- 12.Conversation With Norman Blake
- 13.Uncle Herman's Hornpipe - (with Norman Blake)
- 14.Irish Tune Suite: Port Mhuineachain / Nora Crionna / Garrai Na Bhfeileoig / Old Hag / Old Hag You Have Killed Me / The Session
- 15.Durang's Hornpipe
Personnel: Dan Crary, Beppe Gambetta, Norman Blake, Doc Watson, Tony Rice (guitar); Dennis Caplinger, John Hickman (banjo); John Moore (mandolin, bass); Byron Berline (fiddle); Bill Bryson (bass).
Recorded at CedarHouse Studios, Arrington, Tennessee & Juniper Studios, Burbank, California.
JAMMED IF I DO is a flatpicker's delight, in more ways than one. First, it features the precise and bright picking of Dan Crary with a fine ensemble of bluegrass pros. Second, it features duets with Crary and four other leading guitarists--Doc Watson, Tony Rice, Norman Blake and the improbable Italian bluegrass star Beppe Gambetta. Along the way Crary and company fly through a series of rags, reels, hornpipes and old fiddle tunes, all offered up with elan and good cheer.
The spoken introductions to the guest appearances are charming, especially Doc Watson describing his feature, "Whistlin' Rufus": "...he whistled the notes out of that, and then back into it again, I'm tellin' you right now..." Watson proceeds to play the notes right out of this tune, and back into it again. The duet with Gambetta, a rollicking "Foggy Mountain Special," sparkles with crystal clear runs. Crary's playing, as well as that of his distinguished guests, is positive, aggressive, and relentlessly swinging.
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)(5)
$1.98 on SALE
But What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell (CD)(9)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!