- Released: May 17, 2005
- Label: Wsm/Rhino
- 1.Hard to Say I'm Sorry
- 2.Saturday in the Park
- 3.If You Leave Me Now
- 4.You're the Inspiration
- 5.Look Away
- 6.Glory of Love - Peter Cetera
- 7.Hard Habit to Break
- 8.Here in My Heart
- 9.Call on Me
- 10.Colour My World
- 11.Will You Still Love Me?
- 12.Next Time I Fall - Peter Cetera With Amy Grant
- 14.No Tell Lover
- 15.I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- 16.What Kind of Man Would I Be?
- 17.Just You 'N' Me
- 18.If You Leave Me Now - Feat. Philip Bailey
- 19.After the Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire Feat. Bill Champlin of Chicago
- 20.You're the Inspiration
- 21.Look Away
- 22.I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
One in a series of Rhino Records compilations featuring romantic music from superstar artists, Chicago's LOVE SONGS presents 18 tracks perfect for setting the proper mood. For some acts, selecting this many tunes relating to a single concept might result in a lot of filler. Chicago, however, has so many hits that the disc is still filled to the brim with must-have tracks. In addition to the power-chord-infused arena ballads "You're My Inspiration" and "Hard Habit to Break," the disc features older classics "Colour My World" (a piano-driven waltz) and the funky "Beginnings." The collection also includes a few surprises in the form of excellent live recordings, a particular standout being "After the Love Has Gone," an Earth, Wind & Fire performance featuring latter-day Chicago singer Bill Champlin on lead vocals. A great collection for Valentine's Day, LOVE SONGS is a fairly representative cross-section of Chicago's music, for any time of year.