- Released: July 13, 1995
- Label: Topic Records
- 1.Waterman's Hornpipe
- 2.Fable of the Wings
- 3.The Miller's Three Sons
- 4.The Maid and the Palmer
- 5.Bad News Is All the Wind Can Carry
- 7.Tip Top Hornpipe / Primrose Polka
- 8.Jolly Bold Robber
- 9.Old Grenadier
- 10.George's Son
- 11.Floo'Er O' Taft / The Lass O' Paties Mill, Da
- 12.The Handweaver and the Factory Maid
- 13.The Rose Lawn Quadrille
- 14.Willie the Waterboy
- 15.Doctor Fauster's Tumblers / The Night of the Trafalgar / Price William
- 16.Riding Down to Portsmouth
- 17.Trowie Burn
- 18.The Fox Hunt
Brass Monkey includes: Martin Carthy (vocals, guitar, mandolin); John Kirkpatrick (accordion); Howard Evans (trumpet).
Recorded at Livingston Studios and IdealSound Recorders, London, England. Includes liner notes by David Suff.
Personnel: Martin Carthy (vocals, guitar, mandolin); John Kirkpatrick (vocals, anglo concertina, melodeon); Howard (Jimmy) Evans (vocals, trumpet, flugelhorn); Roger Williams (vocals); Martin Brinsford (C-melody saxophone, percussion); Roger Williams , Richard Cheetham (trombone).
Liner Note Author: David Suff.
Recording information: IdealSound Recorders, London, England; Livingston Studios, London, England.
A CD re-release of all the Brass Monkey material, it's thoroughly indispensible and is the one to buy. ~ Steve Winick