Fort Dobbs (Full Screen) (Remastered)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Surrounded by hostile Comanches, frontier widow Celia Gray knows the only hope she and her little boy have is to escape to Fort Dobbs. Their escort is Gar Davis, a strapping stranger who Celia fears is the man who murdered her husband.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Clint Walker, Brian Keith, Russ Conway, Virginia Mayo & Richard Eyer|
|Directed by||Gordon Douglas|
|Screenwriting by||Burt Kennedy & G.W. George|
|Composition by||Max Steiner|
|Story by||G.W. George & Burt Kennedy|
|Director of Photography:||William Clothier|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Surrounded by hostile Comanches, frontier widow Celia Gray knows the only hope she and her little boy have is to escape to Fort Dobbs. Their escort is Gar Davis, a strapping stranger who clearly has something to hide. Celia fears she knows his secret: he's the man who murdered her husband. Clint Walker plays the mysterious stranger and Virginia Mayo is the ravishing widow in this Western tale of high-desert suspense and action. As the desperate travelers make their way through Indian attacks and the perils of a forbidding terrain, they're joined by a gun trader (Brian Keith in a audience-grabbing performance) carrying high-performance rifles he's looking to sell - and Gar worries that the Comanches will be the highest bidder.
In this western, an accused killer is able to escape lynchers by trading coats with a dead man he found lying beside the road with an arrow in his back. He soon happens upon a farm. As the farm is under Comanche attack when he arrives, the man immediately saves the life of a woman and her son. He then takes the pair to Fort Dobbs. En route the woman realizes that the coat her hero is wearing belonged to her husband. Thinking the arrow hole in the back was caused by a bullet, the woman immediately accuses the hero of murdering her man. They arrive at the fort only to find it busily preparing for another Comanche raid. The clever hero devises an ingenious plan to defend them using the fifteen-shot repeating rifles brought by a gun trader. His ploy works. The Comanches are thwarted, his innocence is proven, and the young mother's good name is preserved.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,251
- UPC: 883316301487
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
4 Movie Marathon: James Stewart Westerns (Bend of the River... (DVD)
$6.95 Super Savings
Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier / Davy Crockett... (DVD)
$10.44 Super Savings
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE