- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 28, 2001
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Director's Cut
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - English, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Brian DePalma - Director; Angie Dickenson, Dennis Franz, Nancy Allen - Stars
- Behind the Scenes: Making-Of
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- SLASHING DRESSED TO KILL
- DRESSED TO KILL: AN APPRECIATION BY KEITH GORDON
- THE X, R, G COMPARISON
- Stills/Photos: Animated Photo Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 12/14/1989
"...[An] erotic and provocative thriller..."
New York Times - 07/25/1980
"...A witty, romantic, psychological horror film....The performers are excellent..."
New York Times - 12/28/1980
Included in the New York Times "10 BEST FILMS OF 1980"
Total Film - 08/01/2013
3 stars out of 5 -- "De Palma's direction transforms plagiarism into postmodern play..."
In this film that combines lute slick premises with lute gore, a lonely wife follows her shrink's advice and seeks comfort in a stranger. After a seductive, dangerous encounter, the wife meets a homicidal maniac. The victim's son and the prostitute who discovers the body team up to track down the killer, a tall blonde woman with a trenchcoat and a razorblade.
In this film that combines Hitchcock's slick premises with modern-day gore, a lonely wife follows her shrink's advice and seeks comfort in a stranger. After a seductive, dangerous encounter, the wife meets a homicidal maniac. The prostitute who discovers the body and the victim's son must track the killer, a tall blonde "woman" with a trenchcoat and a razorblade.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: June 23, 1980.
- Includes split-screen sequences.