10cc Bloody Tourists
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 15, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Universal I.S.
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Dreadlock Holiday
- $1.29 on iTunes2.For You & I
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Take These Chains
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Shock on the Tube (Don't
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Last Night
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Anonymous Alcoholic
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Reds in My Bed
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Lifeline
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Tokyo
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Old Mister Time
- $1.29 on iTunes11.From Rochdale to Ocho Rio
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Everything You Wanted To
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Nothing Can Move Me (Bonu
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
BLOODY TOURISTS was 10cc's final commercially successful album, featuring the 1978 hit singles "Dreadlock Holiday" and "Reds In My Bed."
German remaster features two bonus tracks.
Personnel: Graham Gouldman (vocals, whistling, guitar, electric guitar, electric piano, organ, tambourine, percussion, background vocals); Eric Stewart (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, piano, electric piano, keyboards, Moog synthesizer, background vocals); Rick Fenn (vocals, guitar); Stuart Tosh (vocals, drums, snare drum, tambourine, percussion, bells, background vocals); Rick McCollum (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, saxophone, tambourine, background vocals); Duncan Mackay (violin, piano, electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer, background vocals); Kate Spath (cello); Tony Spath (piano); Paul Burgess (vibraphone, marimba, glockenspiel, drums, snare drum, congas, tambourine, timbales, triangle, percussion, bells, background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Eric Stewart.
After proving they could keep 10cc alive as a duo act with 1977's successful Deceptive Bends, Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman pressed on in 1978 with Bloody Tourists. Although it scored some notable hits, it was a less consistent and less memorable affair than its predecessor. The problem with Bloody Tourists is that it feels like a group of session musicians trying to come up with songs in the 10cc style instead of a proper 10cc album. The eccentric humor that once flowed freely feels forced on this album: "Reds In My Bed" is a lame stab at Cold War satire that never really succeeds in saying anything while "Shock On The Tube (Don't Want Love)" tries to be daring with its tale of a subway sex fantasy and instead comes off as smutty and dull. Another problem is that the music propping up these narratives is lacking in both hooks and inspiration: the backing track for "Take These Chains" is a dull attempt at rockabilly that sounds like an especially poppy Eagles outtake and "The Anonymous Alcoholic" has a disco-parody portion that merely sounds like a mediocre example of the music it is supposedly sending up. However, the album's singles present a few bright moments: "For You And I" is a lovely ballad that fortifies its attractive melody with some strong vocal harmonies and "Dreadlock Holiday" chronicles the exploits of a hapless tourist in Jamaican against a catchy pop-reggae backdrop. Sadly, these are the first two tracks on the album so when they have passed there isn't much to look forward to. In the end, Bloody Tourists is competent enough to keep the 10cc's hardcore fans happy but the casual listener is advised to track down its hits on a compilation. ~ Donald A. Guarisco
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Kac-Ties The Very Best of The Kac-Ties (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE