- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In this story of Israel's difficult struggle for statehood, Douglas plays the role of colonel David Marcus, an American military officer who defied orders and led a faction of the Israeli Army in defense of its newly formed borders.
Kirk Douglas stars as the military adventurer and freedom fighter Colonel David (Mickey) Marcus in this star-studded epic about the founding of the state of Israel.
Not satisfied by the simple domestic life, in which Colonel Marcus finds himself after the end of World War II, he volunteers to join the fight for the liberation of Israel. But Marcus's initial thirst for adventure, becomes something more it becomes a patriotic and passionate commitment to Zionism.
- Produced in association with Llenroc.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Shot on location in Israel, with interiors filmes in Rome.