The Gun That Won the West (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
When a new kind of weapon wrote history in the Old West!
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- The Black Dakotas ~ $17.98 (Save 33%)
- Cheyenne ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- Conquest of Cochise ~ $17.98 (Save 33%)
- Fort Vengeance ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Massacre River ~ $17.98
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 20, 2010
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Dennis Morgan, Paula Raymond, Richard Denning & Robert Bice|
|Directed by||William Castle|
|Screenwriting by||James B. Gordon|
|Director of Photography:||Henry Freulich|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two men battle Indians while working to build the railroad west, and each other for the woman they both love. Jim Bridger (Dennis Morgan) and Jack Gaines (Richard Denning) are cavalry veterans re-enlisted in clearing the way for railroad construction, and convincing the Sioux nation to sign a peace treaty without an all-out war. The Springfield rifle plays a decisive part in their achievement. Gaines has to fight his own demons, and prove to himself and his wife (Paula Raymond) that he's as good a soldier and a man as he ever was. Newly remastered.
THE GUN THAT WON THE WEST was, of course, the Springfield Rifle, the "central character" in this inexpensive Columbia western. The plot concerns the efforts of the War Department to build up a chain of defense posts to protect railroad workers from Indian attacks. Dennis Morgan stars as real-life frontier scout Jim Bridger, who guides the Army through Sioux Territory. Though Bridger is a friend of Sioux chief Red Cloud (Robert Bice), there's no telling what might happen should the railroad men be left at the mercy of Red Cloud's duplicitous second-in-command, an Indian brave known as Afraid-of-Horses (Michael Morgan). With the aid of the newly developed Springfield, Bridger and his cohort Jack Gaines (Richard Denning) are able to keep the peace. In the tradition of previous Sam Katzman productions, a goodly portion of THE GUN THAT WON THE WEST is comprised of stock footage from previous westerns.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,122
- UPC: 043396372771
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Sherlock Holmes - The Return of Sherlock Holmes (2016) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE