Battle of Rogue River (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Apache Territory (Widescreen) ~ $17.98 (Save 33%)
- City of Bad Men ~ $18.83 (Save 30%)
- Powder River ~ $18.83 (Save 30%)
- Robbers' Roost ~ $18.83 (Save 30%)
- Toughest Gun In Tombstone (Full Screen) ~ $18.83 (Save 30%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 20, 2010
- Originally Released: 1954
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||George Montgomery, Richard Denning & Martha Hyer|
|Performer:||Emory Parnell, John Crawford & Charles E. Evans|
|Directed by||William Castle|
|Screenwriting by||Douglas Heyes|
|Director of Photography:||Henry Freulich|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Oregon Territory: wild and lawless in the time before statehood. A new Army commander, Major Archer (George Montgomery), is dispatched to bring order and peace to the region. But who is his greatest adversary? The native Indian chief who has led his braves to victory over several of Major Archer's predecessors, the local barons who oppose the move to statehood, or the fiercely independent daughter (Academy Award nominee Martha Hyer, 1958, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Some Came Running) of the battalion sergeant who takes orders from no man? Newly remastered.
George Montgomery heads the virile cast of the B-plus western BATTLE OF ROGUE RIVER. Montgomery plays Cavalry major Frank Archer, assigned to protect the settlers in Oregon territory. Archer tries to find out why the previously peaceful Indians have suddenly become warlike. What he doesn't know is that duplicitous settler Stacey Wyatt (Richard Denning), working in concert with crooked land speculator Matt Parrish (Charles Evans), has been deliberately aggravating the Indians so that the other whites will be erased from the territory, thereby allowing Wyatt and his chums to plunder the land's rich mineral deposits. Curiously, the film's titular battle never takes place! Martha Hyer provides a dash of feminity to the otherwise all-male proceedings.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,295
- UPC: 043396372757
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Benghazi Desert War: The Fighting Rats of Tobruk / Desert Victory (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Big Town, Volume 1 (Heart of the City) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- El Alamein (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE