- Released: September 24, 2002
- Label: Metal Blade
- 1.Buried Alive
- 2.The Calling
- 3.Kiss of Death
- 4.Night on Br?cken
- 5.S.E.K. - (TRUE instrumental)
- 7.Shadowfax - (TRUE instrumental)
- 9.Soldier Boy
- 10.Last Call - (demo, bonus track)
- 11.Calling, The - (take Rehearsal 1983, rehearsal tape, bonus track)
- 12.Kiss of Death - (live, bonus track)
- 13.Flight of Icarus - (take Rehearsal 1983, rehearsal tape, bonus track)
Fates Warning: John Arch (vocals); Jim Matheos, Victor Arduini (guitar); Joe DiBiase (bass); Steve Zimmerman (drums).
Recorded at The Gallery, East Hartford, Connecticut.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Contains 4 bonus tracks.
Personnel: John Arch (vocals); Victor Arduini, Jim Matheos (guitar); Steve Zimmerman (drums).
Audio Mixers: Bill Metoyer; Brian Slagel.
Audio Remasterer: Brad Vance.
Recording information: The Gallery, East Hartford, CT.
Arranger: Fates Warning.
A very humble beginning for this excellent progressive band. Only a couple years removed from high school, they were strictly a metal band at this point, and "Damnation" is the only song that has remained in their catalog from this session. Early recordings such as this one are the reason their name conjures up the image of a metal band. [The 2003 re-release contains a 1984 demo version of "Last Call," a live rendition of "Kiss of Death," and rehearsal recordings of "The Calling" and Iron Maiden's "Flight of Icarus."] ~ Robert Taylor