As I Lay Dying Shadows Are Security
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 13, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Metal Blade
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.48"[T]he band manage the rare feat of being relentlessly crushing and effortlessly catchy..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Meaning in Tragedy
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Confined
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Losing Sight
- $0.99 on iTunes4.The Darkest Nights
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Empty Hearts
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Reflection
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Repeating Yesterday
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Through Struggle
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Truth of My Perception
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Control Is Dead
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Morning Waits
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Illusions
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Clint Norris (vocals, bass instrument); Tim Lambesis (vocals); Phil Sgrosso, Nick Hipa (guitar); Jordan Mancino (drums).
Audio Mixer: Andy Sneap.
Recording information: Big Fish, Encinitas, CA (01/2005).
Editor: Danny De La Isla.
Photographer: Kevin Estrada.
Formed in Southern California and forged on the road, As I Lay Dying appeared as prominent players in a new wave of American metal. Not content to draw upon a single influence, the band pulls from early thrash, the Gothenburg (Sweden) style of death metal, and hardcore. What sets them apart from other bands of the metalcore genre is their dynamic song structure. Where they could get away with simple verse/chorus/verse templates, SHADOWS ARE SECURITY constantly shakes things up with new sounds and textures. Dual guitars carry the melody while Tim Lambesis' screaming vocals provide guttural aggression. "Empty Hearts" has Jordan Mancino's very musical drums doubling the guitar parts and propelling the song at breakneck speed. "Repeating Yesterday" is a brief respite from the chaos with a mid-tempo pulse and piano-accented ending. After a minute-and-a-half of tension-building static and feedback the final track "Illusions" explodes to life; using a more dissonant tone and treated vocal, it's the most hardcore moment on the album. The guitar fades out with a Doppler effect giving the impression that As I Lay Dying are pulling away from the pack and leaving everyone else in their wake.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 164 ratings.
Based on 164 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Kac-Ties The Very Best of The Kac-Ties (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE