Warner Archive Collection (series)
James Lydon stars as David Langham, an enterprising youth with an eye for the girls and an ear for a well-tuned high-compression machine. And his dad (Art Baker) happens to be a small town judge.
|You Save:||$5.19 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 19, 2010
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Myron Healey, Tommy "Butch" Bond, Jimmy Lydon, Art Baker & Myron Healy|
|Directed by||Lewis D. Collins|
|Screenwriting by||Daniel B. Ullman|
|Composition by||Edward J. Kay|
|Director of Photography:||Gilbert Warrenton|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Like something that rolled out of a garage in Andy Hardy's hometown of Carvel Indiana comes Hot Rod. James Lydon (whose radio and film portrayals of Henry Aldrich were perhaps but a half-block removed from Andy) stars as David Langham, an enterprising youth with an eye for the girls and an ear for a well-tuned high-compression machine. And his dad? He's a sagacious font of advice (Art Baker) who happens to be a small town judge. The film, which combines the excitement of tire-singing speed with a cautionary message about the perils of street racing, would see a stream of redlining exploitation flicks in its rearview, Hot Rod Girl, Hot Rod Gang and Hot Rods to Hell among them.
The postwar hot-rod craze spawned a whole new movie subgenre. This Monogram entry, titled simply HOT ROD, stars Jimmy Lydon as David Langham, the son of a juvenile court judge (Art Baker) who'd like nothing better than to throw all hot-rodders in the slammer. It is inevitable, then, that David succumbs to the lure of the race track, mainly to impress his girlfriend Janie (Gloria Winters). Before long, David's vehicle is stolen by his rival Joe Langham (Myron Healey), who is promptly involved in a hit-and-run accident. For a while it looks like David's dad is going to throw the book at his own son. Will the truth prevail' Featured in the cast is Tommy Bond, the former "Butch" in the Our Gang series.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,888
- UPC: 883316271308
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Climax! Volume 1 - The Volcano Seat/Scream in Silence (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE