Lucky Partners (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Ginger Rogers and Ronald Colman are the effervescent partnership, strangers who share the cost of a sweepstakes ticket. The catch: she'll go on a platonic honeymoon with him if they win. The result: their ticket pays off.
|You Save:||$6.65 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jack Carson, Ronald Colman, Ginger Rogers, Spring Byington & Harry Davenport|
|Directed by||Lewis Milestone|
|Screenwriting by||John Van Druten & Allan Scott|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Story by||Sacha Guitry|
|Director of Photography:||Robert de Grasse|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Critic Bosley Crowther of The New York Times made it known moviegoers were in luck with Lucky Partners. Likening the film to fine champagne, he wrote: "It belongs to approximately the same vintage as The Awful Truth and My Favorite Wife... a comedy that is dry and sparkling and bubbles till the last drop." Ginger Rogers and Ronald Colman are the effervescent partnership, strangers who share the cost of a sweepstakes ticket. The catch: she'll go on a platonic honeymoon with him if they win. The result: their ticket pays off. So away the two go, with her suspicious fuddy-duddy fiance(Jack Carson), myriad complications and, of course, Cupid trailing. Uncork the fun!
Lewis Milestone directs the lightweight romantic comedy LUCKY PARTNERS, based on a story by Sacha Guitry. David Grant (Ronald Colman) is an artist in New York's Greenwich Village. After he wishes good luck to passing ingenue Jean Newton (Ginger Rogers), she is immediately offered a beautiful dress. Thinking that David is lucky, she agrees to go in with him on a ticket for the Irish Sweepstakes. Their horse wins the race, and he asks her to accompany her to Niagara Falls to celebrate their winnings. Jean's fiancé, Freddie Harper (Jack Carson), is not pleased about the arrangement, so he follows them. Eventually Jean and David fall for each other and they end up in the courthouse, where the judge ($Harry Davenport) sorts everything out in favor of the new couple. LUCKY PARTNERS was released in 1940, the same year Rogers gave her Oscar-winning performance in KITTY FOYLE: THE NATURAL HISTORY OF A WOMAN.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 47,466
- UPC: 883316287385
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Dead End Kids Vs. Spies, Incorporated (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE