Kim Carnes Best of Kim Carnes
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: COL 9368
by The Doobie Brothers ~ The Very Best of the Doobie Brothers (2-CD) $15.17
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: EMI Music Special Markets 20579 (1999)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A budget-priced 10-track collection of hits by Kim Carnes. All original recordings.
- 1.Bette Davis Eyes
- 2.More Love
- 3.Draw Of The Cards
- 4.Does It Make You Remember
- 5.Don'T Fall In Love With A Dreamer (Duet With Kenny Rogers)
- 6.Cry Like A Baby
- 7.Invisible Hands (Dance Mix)
- 8.Crazy In The Night (Barking At Airplanes)
- 9.It Hurt So Bad
There are few songs that capture the aura of the early '80s better than "Bette Davis Eyes," and in particular its signature performance by Kim Carnes doing her best Bob Dylan to a new wave rhythm track. But there was a lot more to Kim Carnes than that song. Certainly some remember her duet with Kenny Rogers on "Don't Fall in Love With a Dreamer," but then again, this was far from the story. This collection of ten excellent tracks gives a bead on the real recorded legacy Carnes created -- and was denied -- as a pop star. Carnes was, and probably remains in the new millennium, one of the few great singing stylists of her generation who is not remembered as such. In the ragged elegance of her voice is more soul and diversity than Marianne Faithfull, more pure singing chops than Laura Branigan, and more sexy grace than a host of Mariah Careys or Celine Dions. Check out "More Love," with its latter-day disco rhythm track, or her roots rock, synthed-out read of the Oldham/Penn classic "Cry Like a Baby." But in her own "Crazy in the Night" or "Voyeur," Carnes displays her other considerable gift -- as a songwriter of danced-out consequence, humor, and drama … la Jim Steinman, and in her country-rock stunner "It Hurts So Bad" she can wrench emotion from the broken tale of hidden herstory and thinly veiled desires offered only in the safety and sorrow of an enclosed space alone. In all, this budget-priced collection gives a glimpse, and unfortunately only that, into the wayward career of a singer/songwriter who is as much a poet as she is a pop dramatist and mysterian; Kim Carnes was a guttersnipe diva who rose to the pinnacle of her craft even if no one knew it, leaving her haunted by the legacy of one song. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Tommy James & The Shondells Hanky Panky / Mony Mony (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE