Dead Kennedys Live at the Deaf Club 1979
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Dead Kennedys ~ Bedtime For Democracy ~ $12.58
- by Dead Kennedys ~ Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death ~ $12.58
- by Dead Kennedys ~ Milking the Sacred Cow ~ $8.98
- by Dead Kennedys ~ Mutiny On The Bay: Dead Kennedys Live! From The San Francisco Bay Area (180GV) ~ $17.95
- by Dead Kennedys ~ Mutiny on the Bay (Live) ~ $12.58
- Released: April 13, 2010
- Label: Manifesto Records
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1143 stars out of 5 - "[A] pretty exceptional find for archivists....[With] early versions of their most famous tunes..."
- 2.Kill the Poor - (disco version)
- 3.Back in Rhodesia - (early version of When You Get Drafted)
- 4.Man With the Dogs
- 5.Gaslight - (previously unreleased)
- 6.California šber Allies
- 7.Ill in the Head
- 8.Straight A's - (Different Mix)
- 9.Short Songs - (Different Mix)
- 10.Holiday in Cambodia
- 11.Police Truck
- 12.Foward to Death
- 13.Have I the Right
- 14.Back in the U.S.S.R.
- 15.Viva Las Vegas
The Dead Kennedys: Klaus Flouride (vocals, bass); Jello Biafra (vocals); East Bay Ray, 6025 (guitar); Ted (drums).
Personnel: Jello Biafra, Klaus Flouride (vocals); East Bay Ray (guitar).
Audio Mixer: East Bay Ray.
Recording information: Deaf Club (03/03/1979).
Photographer: Sue Brisk.
Maybe the greatest tribute you can pay a live album is to think to yourself, "I wish I'd been there." Live at the Deaf Club is precisely that kind of live album. Recorded in San Francisco in March 1979, this is the DKs at their peak as the short sharp-shock punksters with brains as well as attitude -- not to mention a sharp collective sense of humor. Fronted by legendary smart-ass agitator Jello Biafra, this five-piece Dead Kennedys lineup (Jello, East Bay Ray, Klaus Flouride, and Ted, with guitarist 6025 playing his last gig with the band) blazes through a mighty set that includes such killer material as "California šber Alles," "Kill the Poor," "Holiday in Cambodia," and the surreal encore numbers "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Viva Las Vegas." There's also a previously unreleased track, "Gaslight." Plenty of atmosphere and sizzling repartee, this is entertainment and punk history in one neat, sweetly subversive package. You'll wish you'd been there. ~ Adrian Zupp
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE