WWII America: The War Years 1943-1945 - From Tunis to Tokyo
|You Save:||$4 (40% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Allegro
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo - English
- AMERICA THE WAR YEARS: 1943
- AMERICA THE WAR YEARS: 1944
- AMERICA THE WAR YEARS: 1945
Original newsreel footage brings the month-to-month reality of World War II into gripping immediacy, from the beginning advance of the Allied forces in 1943 to the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the unexpected death of President Roosevelt, in 1945.
Description by Allegro:
This set contains a monthly chronicle of world and national events from 1943-1945 as captured by original newsreel footage.
1943 began with Allied armies advancing on all fronts. On the eastern front, Soviet forces celebrate the surrender of the German sixth army at Stalingrad. In the Pacific, US Marines finally secure Guadalcanal. Allied forces in North Africa decisively defeat Rommel's Afrika Korp and accept their surrender in May. In October, Allied forces invade Italy. In the Pacific, US forces advance up the Solomon Islands chain and land in the Gilbert and Marshall Islands.
1944 began with the Battle of Monte Cassino. Within months, Rome would be liberated and Allied troops would be landing on the beaches of Normandy. In the Pacific, US Forces conquer Saipan and begin the invasion of the Philippines. In December, Hitler gambles the last of his reserves on the Ardennes offensive. It fails as British and American forces beat back the German advance at the Battle of the Bulge.
1945 sees Allied troops invading Nazi Germany. In May, Soviet forces capture Berlin. US Marines land on Iwo Jima. Okinawa falls. In August the US drops atomic bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The horror of Nazi Germany is exposed as concentration camps are liberated. In the US, Franklin Roosevelt dies unexpectedly and is replaced by Harry Truman.
Brother Against Brother: The American Civil War (DVD)
$9.83 Super Savings
Civil War - Gettysburg and Stories of Valor: Civil War... (DVD)(8)
$12.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Leeches (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE