Oscar Peterson Live at CBC Studios, 1960
- Released: November 4, 1997
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Just A Memory
- $0.99 on iTunes1.My Heart Stood Still
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Blues For Big Scotia
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Autumn Leaves
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Sweet Georgia Brown
- $0.99 on iTunes5.How About You?
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I Got Plenty O' Nuttin
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Cookin' at the Continental
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I Didn't Know What Time It Was
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Let There Be Love
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Dancing on the Ceiling
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Oscar Peterson Trio: Oscar Peterson (piano); Ray Brown (bass); Ed Thigpen (drums).
Recorded live at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Studios, Montreal, Canada on January 27, 1960.
Digitally remastered by Bill Kipper.
Personnel: Oscar Peterson (piano); Ed Thigpen (drums).
Recording information: 01/27/1960.
After recording a ton of music in 1959, the Oscar Peterson Trio only made one studio album in 1960 (The Music from Fiorello) and was not documented again until July 28, 1961. This 1997 CD has ten selections recorded for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation but not released commercially until decades later. Pianist Peterson, bassist Ray Brown and drummer Ed Thigpen, as usual, swing hard, with O.P. being the dominant force. Among the highlights of the predictably excellent program are Peterson's "Blues for Big Scotia," "My Heart Stood Still," "How About You," "Cookin' at the Continental" and "Dancing on the Ceiling." This tight trio was nothing if not consistent! ~ Scott Yanow
Tower of Song: An Epic Story of Canada and Its Music (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE