Connie Smith Connie Smith / Cute 'N' Country
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Connie Smith ~ Long Line of Heartaches ~ $14.38
- Released: April 10, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Hux Records
- 1.The Other Side of You
- 2.Tiny Blue Transistor Radio
- 3.Once a Day
- 4.The Hinges on the Door
- 5.Don't Forget I Still Love You
- 6.Darling, Are You Ever Coming Home?
- 7.Then and Only Then
- 8.The Threshold
- 9.It's Just My Luck
- 10.I'm Ashamed of You
- 11.I Don't Love You Anymore
- 12.Tell Another Lie
- 13.Two Empty Arms
- 14.Even Tho'
- 15.I Thought of You
- 16.More to Love Than This
- 17.Not 'Til You Come Back to Me
- 19.I'll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)
- 20.Love Is No Excuse
- 21.I Can Stand It (As Long as You Can)
- 22.House Divided
- 23.I Can't Remember
- 24.I Can Turn Your World Around
Liner Note Authors: Jon Philibert; Bill Anderson .
Recording information: RCA Victor's Nashville Sound Studio, Nashville, TN.
Author: Dolly Parton.
Connie Smith is not as iconic a name to the general public as some other country stars of her era, and it's sometimes forgotten how big a commercial impact she made with her early recordings. Both of her first two albums -- Connie Smith and Cute 'n' Country, both from 1965 -- made number one on the country charts. This CD reissue combines both of them onto one disc, with the addition of historical liner notes. The 24 tracks include three songs that flew into the country Top Ten in 1965 (the chart-topping debut "Once a Day," "I Can't Remember," and "Then and Only Then"), as well as "Tiny Blue Transistor Radio," which as the B-side of "Once a Day" charted respectably under its own steam. Beyond its commercial success, this material was significant as solid Nashville country-pop with a honky tonk flavor that avoided over-slickness, though -- with full backup harmony vocals and plenty of steel guitar and piano -- the arrangements were plenty full. On some of the uptempo numbers, Smith sounds rather like a more honky tonk-based Brenda Lee, though when the tempo slows, she certainly sounds more rural. With plenty of covers of songs by her mentor, Bill Anderson ("I'm Ashamed of You" being a standout), it's a good-value package of classy Nashville commercial country. ~ Richie Unterberger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE