Eddy Duchin Talk of the Town
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.20 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eddy Duchin ~ Dancing With Duchin ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- The Eddy Duchin Story ~ $16.34
- by Carmen Cavallaro ~ The Eddy Duchin Story / Eddy Duchin Remembered ~ $8.09
- by Eddy Duchin ~ The Elegant Eddy Duchin and His Orchestra (1933-37) ~ $12.92
- by Eddy Duchin ~ The Sophisticated Styling of Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra (1933-37) ~ $12.92
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Jasmine Music
- 1.Snuggled on Your Shoulder
- 2.Soft Lights and Sweet Music
- 3.Now You've Got Me Worryin' For You
- 4.By the Fireside
- 5.Clouds Will Soon Roll By
- 6.Night When Love Was Born
- 7.Night and Day
- 8.Try a Little Tenderness
- 9.I Cover the Waterfront
- 10.Isn't It Heavenly?
- 11.It's the Talk of the Town
- 12.Close Your Eyes
- 14.A Hundred Years From Today
- 15.I Just Couldn't Take It, Baby
- 16.Did You Ever See a Dream Walking?
- 17.As Long as I Live
- 18.May I?
- 19.When a Woman Loves a Man
- 21.Easy Come, Easy Go
- 23.Hands Across the Table
- 24.Here Is My Heart
- 25.After All
- 26.Lovely to Look At
- 27.I Won't Dance
- 28.Isn't This a Lovely Day
- 29.Cheek to Cheek
- 30.You Are My Lucky Star
- 31.I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'
- 32.How Do I Rate With You?
- 33.I Nearly Let Love Go Slipping Through My Fingers
- 34.A Rendezvous With a Dream
- 35.Take Me Heart
- 36.Pennies From Heaven
- 37.A Star Fell Out of Heaven
- 38.I'll Sing You a Thousand Love Songs
- 39.It's Delovely
- 40.Love Is Good For Anything That Ails You
- 41.Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
- 42.Heaven Help This Heart of Mine
- 43.Ol' Man Mose
- 44.Between the Devil and Deep Blue Sea
- 45.From Now On
- 46.September Song
- 47.Stormy Weather
- 49.You Can't Brush Me Off
Walk up New York's Fifth Avenue until you reach 70th Street, then pause. A short distance into Central Park is the Rumsey Playfield and the Naumberg Bandshell, and a little to the left, the mall. Imagine, if you cam, the scene in 1929, a scene that was very different. Overlooking the Mall was the Casino which, after years of dereliction (and at enormous cost to Mayor Jimmy Walker and his musical comedy mistress Betty Compton had been transformed into a costly and exclusive restaurant and night club. It opened with Emil Coleman's band in the main ballroom and Leo Reisman and his orchestra in the Terrace room. Leo and his men drew bigger crowds and soon replaced Coleman. New York's society were attracted to the leader with the wild waving, black locks who punched, chopped and sliced the air with his baton. But very soon there was an even greater attraction for the socialites to fawn over, a handsome young musician with dark wavy hair and a flashing smile. The news travelled fast amongst the 'Four Hundred' club, "Have you heard that adorable new pianist who plays in Reisman's band? My dear, but you must" The young man who set the debs (and their mothers) a fluttering was Eddy Duchin. Contains 50 tracks, over 2 hours 30 mins playing time & informative 12 page booklet. Meticulously compiled and annotated and all commercial recordings digitally re-mastered.
The Elegant Eddy Duchin and His Orchestra (1933-37) (CD)
$12.92 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE