- Released: March 6, 2000
- Label: Jasmine Music
Q - Summer/01, p.1154 stars out of 5
- "...Pure fun. This portable party ranges from established faves to local heroes to ace rarities..."
- 1.Ain't That Just Like a Woman
- 2.Knock Me a Kiss
- 3.Ration Blues
- 4.Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby
- 5.G.I. Jive
- 6.You Can't Get That No More
- 7.Caldonia Boogie
- 8.Let the Good Times Roll
- 9.Buzz Me
- 10.Beware, Brother, Beware
- 11.Stone Cold Dead in the Market - (with Ella Fitzgerald)
- 12.Choo Choo Ch' Boogie
- 13.Early in the Morning
- 14.Somebody Done Changed the Lock on My Door
- 15.What's the Use of Getting Sober (When You Gonna Get Drunk Again)
- 16.Five Guys Named Moe
- 17.Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
- 18.Texas and Pacific
- 19.Open the Door, Richard
- 20.Jack, You're Dead
- 21.Boogie Woogie Blue Plate
- 22.That Chick's Too Young to Fry
- 24.Saturday Night Fish Fry
Personnel includes: Louis Jordan, Ella Fitzgerald.
Includes liner notes by Arthur Braine.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals).
Subtitled "The Original & Greatest Hits," this 24-track package is exactly that, a really great one stop for those of you wanting to get into the music of this jump blues pioneer. With biggies aboard like "Caldonia Boogie," "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby," "Let the Good Times Roll," "Choo Choo Ch'Boogie," and "Five Guys Named Moe," this makes a perfect starting point for any Louis Jordan collection you might want to amass. Excellent transfers and well-written liners by Arthur Braine make this a collection well worth hunting down. ~ Cub Koda