Helen Forrest The Voice of the Big Bands
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.01 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 8, 1997
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Jasmine Music
- 1.Deep in a Dream
- 2.Deep Purple
- 3.Comes Love
- 4.Day in, Day Out
- 5.All the Things You Are
- 7.How High the Moon
- 8.Shake Down the Stars
- 9.It Never Entered My Mind
- 10.I'm Nobody's Baby
- 11.Taking a Chance on Love
- 12.Yes, My Darling Daughter
- 14.I Found a Million Dollar Baby
- 15.When the Sun Comes Out
- 16.Devil Sat Down and Cried, The - (with Dick Haymes)
- 17.I Don't Want to Walk Without You
- 19.He's My Guy
- 20.I Had the Craziest Dream
- 21.I've Heard That Song Before
- 22.Close to You
- 23.Long Ago and Far Away
- 24.It Had to Be You
Personnel includes: Helen Forrest, Dick Haymes (vocals); Artie Shaw & His Orchestra; Benny Goodman & His Orchestra; Harry James & His Orchestra.
Recorded between 1938 & 1944. Includes liner notes by Joop Visser.
Personnel: Helen Forrest (vocals); Harry James (vocals, trumpet); Dalton Rizzotto (vocals, trombone); Dick Haymes (vocals); Mike Bryan, Arnold Covey, Benny Heller, Al Avola, Charlie Christian (guitar); Sindel Kopp, Leo Zorn (violin); Bill Spears (viola); Elia Friede (cello); Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman (clarinet); Skip Martin (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Buff Estes, Bob Snyder, Gus Bivona, Gene Kinsey, Claude Lakey, Jimmy Horvath, Sam Marowitz, Nuncio "Toots" Mondello, Les Robinson, Hank Freeman (alto saxophone); Bus Bassey, David Matthews, Ronnie Perry , Georgie Auld, Jack Henderson , Jerry Jerome, Tony Pastor, Pete Mondello (tenor saxophone); Clint Davis (baritone saxophone); Chris Griffin , Irving Goodman, Alec Fila, Cootie Williams, Chuck Peterson, John Best , Claude Bowen, Ziggy Elman, Billy Butterfield, Jimmy Maxwell, Bernie Privin, Nick Buono (trumpet); Ted Vesely, George Arus, Hoyt Bohannon, Les Jenkins, Russell Brown , Lou McGarity, Vernon Brown, Harry Rodgers, Red Ballard, Cutty Cutshall (trombone); Al Lerner, Bob Kitsis, Johnny Guarnieri, Teddy Wilson, Bernie Leighton, Les Burness (piano); Harry Jaeger, Dave Tough, J.C. Heard, Micky Scrima, Jo Jones , Nick Fatool, Cliff Leeman, Buddy Rich (drums).
Liner Note Author: Joop Visser.
Recording information: Chicago, IL (11/17/1938-07/31/1942); Hollywood, CA (11/17/1938-07/31/1942); New York, NY (11/17/1938-07/31/1942).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Alex Pevsner; Dick Haymes; Harry James; Artie Shaw; Benny Goodman.
Arranger: Eddie Sauter.
Golden Years of Helen Forrest : I Had the Craziest Dream... (CD)(9)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE