A Thunder of Drums
Warner Archive Collection (series)
"Bachelors make the best soldiers," declares Capt. Stephen Maddocks, who knows the West can only be tamed by men as single-minded as he is. He has no patience for love triangles.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 28, 2010
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Boone, George Hamilton, Charles Bronson, Luana Patten, Arthur O'Connell & Richard Chamberlain|
|Directed by||Joseph M. Newman|
|Screenwriting by||James Warner Bellah|
|Composition by||Harry Sukman|
|Director of Photography:||William W. Spencer|
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Bachelors make the best soldiers," declares Capt. Stephen Maddocks (Richard Boone), who knows the West can only be tamed by men as single-minded as he is. So with renegade Indians on the warpath, he has no patience for the love triangle that erupts between greenhorn officers (George Hamilton and James Douglas) and a beauty (Luana Patten) promised to one of them - or for the chaos he knows it will cause. Written by James Warner Bellah, whose stories were the source for John Ford's Calvary Trilogy, A Thunder of Drums thunders with Western action and human passions. The standout cast includes Richard Chamberlain (right at the time he became TV's Dr. Kildare), '50s guitar legend Duane Eddy, Slim Pickens and, a year after his breakthrough in The Magnificent Seven, Charles Bronson.
In this western, an idealistic and naive rookie cavalry officer is assigned to work with a cruel captain. He immediately gets on the crabby captain's bad side by trying to restart an affair with his ex-sweetheart. The woman is engaged to another who ends up getting killed by the Indians. This rookie, blaming himself for distracting the slain officer with his overtures to the officer's fiance, volunteers to act as a decoy to lure the renegade Apaches into a trap. It works, but many soldiers die. After the skirmish, the rookie has become a seasoned officer prepared to take his duties seriously. Back at the fort, he bids farewell to the woman as she begins her long journey back east.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)(15)
$15.98 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Dodge City (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: Lawman / Hour of the Gun / Day of the Outlaw (DVD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Last Frontier (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema,Volume 13 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE