Def Leppard Vault: Def Leppard Greatest Hits
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$12.15 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.83 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 31, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Mercury
Spin - 12/95, p.856 - Reasonably Good - "...it might surprise you just how much care went into these seemingly disposable hits....There's something about the desperately American vocalisms of Joe Elliott (who is, after all, British) and the oddness of his lyrics...that pleasently suggests rock as a second language..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/10/95, p.67"...the painstaking patience with which these hits were produced (mostly by Mutt Lange) pays off--with Byzantine layering of guitars, sumptous harmonies, and finely crafted pop hooks buried beneath the metal posturing." - Rating: B-
- 1.Pour Some Sugar on Me - (video edit)
- 3.Love Bites
- 4.Let's Get Rocked
- 5.Two Steps Behind - (acoustic version)
- 8.Rocket - (video edit)
- 9.When Love & Hate Collide - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Armageddon It
- 11.Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
- 12.Rock of Ages
- 14.Miss You in a Heartbeat - (acoustic version)
- 15.Bringin' on the Heartbreak
Def Leppard: Joe Elliott (vocals); Phil Collen, Vivian Campbell, Steve Clark, Pete Willis (guitar, background vocals); Rick Savage (bass, background vocals); Rick Allen (drums, background vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Robert John "Mutt" Lange, Stevie Vann (background vocals).
Producers: Robert John "Mutt" Lange, Mike Shipley, Def Leppard, Pete Woodroffe.
Engineers: Nigel Green, Mike Shipley, Pete Woodroffe.
Includes liner notes by Peter Mensch, Joe Elliott, Phil Collen and Rick Savage.
When Def Leppard arrived on American shores with 1980's ON THROUGH THE NIGHT, they were lumped with a New Wave of British Heavy Metal that also counted Iron Maiden part of the movement. Yet even then, the Sheffield quintet's inescapable pop sense separated them from their heavier brethren. As the '80's progressed, Def Lep soldiered on through tragedy, lengthy multi-year stays in the studio and quite a few world tours. VAULT culls the hits from the millions of albums they sold by way of MTV ("Photograph"), soundtracks ("Two Steps Behind"), and obvious sexual innuendo ("Pour Some Sugar On Me").
Influenced by the glam postures of Mott The Hoople, Bowie, T. Rex and Slade, Def Lep transformed their love of these artists into a sound shaped by Joe Elliott's raspy vocals, the synergy fueled by Phil Collen (who replaced Pete Willis in '83) and the late Steve Clark's guitars, and Rick Allen's punchy backbeat (seemingly unaffected by his loss of an arm in '85). Heavy guitars, sweet hooks and a rare ability to balance a harder-edged side ("Foolin'") with earnest power ballads ("Bringin' On The Heartbreak") show why Def Lep continue to soldier on long after pop-metal's '80s heyday, and they make VAULT a safe worth cracking.
Scorpions20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 225 ratings.
Based on 225 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE