Earl Hines Jazz in Paris: Paris One Night Stand (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Earl Hines ~ Earl Hines in New Orleans (Live) $8.36
- Released: February 19, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Universal I.S.
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Love Is Just Around the Corner
- $0.99 on iTunes2.You're Gettin' to Be a Habit
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Hallelujah
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Royal Garden Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Save It, Pretty Mama
- $0.99 on iTunes7.If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Walkin' My Baby Back Home
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Moonlight in Vermont
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Makin' Whoopee
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Muskrat Ramble
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Am I Wasting Time on You?
- $0.99 on iTunes13.S'Wonderful
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Perdido
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Muskrat Ramble - (take 2)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Earl Hines (piano); Guy Pedersen (bass); Gus Wallez (drums).
Recorded in Paris, France on November 15 & 16, 1957. Originally released on Philips (7222). Includes liner notes by Alain Tercinet.
Digitally remastered by Alexis Frenkel and Christophe Henault (Art Et Son Studio, Paris, France).
This is part of Verve's Jazz In Paris series.
Personnel: Earl Hines (piano); Guy Pedersen (double bass).
Liner Note Author: Alain Tercinet.
Recording information: Paris, France (11/15/1957/11/16/1957).
The two 1957 sessions that make up this CD featuring Earl Hines with a pickup rhythm section in Paris were recorded originally for Phillips, with bassist Guy Pedersen and drummer Gus Wallez. The pianist is in top form, including just a little of the Dixieland repertoire ("Royal Garden Blues" and "Muskrat Ramble") that typically dominated most of his recordings made in the U.S. during this period, and spending more time exploring favorite warhorses like "Hallelujah" and "Makin' Whoopee," as well as already classic jazz compositions such as "If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight" and "I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)." While the tracks are generally brief, the music is consistently swinging at a high level and four bonus tracks have been added to the CD reissue, so it should be considered an essential purchase for fans of Earl "Fatha" Hines. ~ Ken Dryden
Live At The Black Sheep, San Francisco, 1961 (2-CD)
$13.27 Super Savings
Grand River Crossings: Motown & Motor City Inspirations (CD)
$14.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE