Live At Montreux 2001
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- Released: April 3, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Imports
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Intro
- $1.29 on iTunes2.It's Like That
- $0.99 on iTunes3.It's Tricky
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Rock Box / Sucker MC's / Freestyle / Here We Go / Beats To The Rhyme
- $1.29 on iTunes5.King of Rock
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Interlude
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Mary Mary
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Walk This Way
- $0.99 on iTunes9.School of Old
- $0.99 on iTunes10.It's Over
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Run's Freestyle
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Peter Piper
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Down With the King
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Run-D.M.C. (rap vocals).
Liner Note Author: Michael Heatley.
Recording information: Montreaux Jazz Festival (07/21/2001).
Editor: Terry Adams .
If you could pick any year from which you'd want to pull a Run-D.M.C. show, it wouldn't be 2001. The group's least interesting album (Crown Royal) had been released two years before, nothing had appeared since, and a year later it would all be over after DJ Jam Master Jay was senselessly murdered. It's surprising then that Live at Montreux 2001 is an exciting and generally satisfying release, filled with life, energy, and inspiration. Golden-age material is the name of the game, and when the drama-building intro stretches past the four-minute mark without trying the patience, it's like 1985 all over again. Jay's great scratching was always a bigger feature live, and in-between song banter plus call-and-response play time with the crowd is an important part of the full Run-D.M.C. experience that you just can't get on their studio albums. While the large amount of time spent talking up the crowd makes this a less desirable listen on return visits, hardcore fans will appreciate the experience, even more so on the companion DVD that shares this archival release's title. ~ David Jeffries
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 69,346
- UPC: 5034504135727
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
R&B: East Coast Rap Music Categories:
- 3rd Bass The Cactus Album (CD) ~ $17.08
- 3rd Bass Icon (CD) ~ $7.17
Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire to Win (CD)
$10.53 Super Savings
- 50 Cent Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire to Win [Clean] (CD) ~ $10.78
- 50 Cent Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire to Win [Deluxe Edition] (CD + DVD) ~ $17.08