Brothers of a Feather: Live at the Roxy
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$9 (64% Off)|
Unavailable: Sold Out
sku: ZTLM 20117
- by Chris Robinson ~ Big Moon Ritual ~ $13.20
- by The Black Crowes ~ Freak 'N' Roll... Into the Fog (Live) (2-CD) ~ $16.18
- by The Black Crowes ~ Freak 'N' Roll...Into the Fog (Live) (2-CD) ~ $7.98 (Save 56%)
- by Chris Robinson ~ The Magic Door ~ $10.78
- by Chris Robinson ~ Phosphorescent Harvest ~ $14.05
- Released: July 10, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Eagle Records
Rolling Stone - p.913.5 stars out of 5 -- "On electric guitar, Rich has a forceful rhythmic attack -- a dirty treble cluck dotted with rubbery whines -- that drives the Crowes songs..."
- 1.Horsehead - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 2.Cursed Diamond - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 3.Over the Hill - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 4.Magic Rooster Blues - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 5.My Heart's Been Killing Me - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 6.Forgiven Song - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 7.Someday Past the Sunset - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 8.Roll Um Easy - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 9.Cold Boy Smile - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 10.Driving Wheel - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 11.Leave It Alone - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 12.Polly - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 13.Darling of the Underground Press - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
- 14.Thorn in My Pride - (with Brothers Of a Feather)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Chris Robinson (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica); Rich Robinson (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Charity White, Monalisa Young (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Paul Stacey; Dave Cline.
Editor: Jim Kaiser.
Photographer: Matthew Mendenhall.
After a long hiatus that lasted for much of the first half of the 2000s, Chris and Rich Robinson started to reunite the Black Crowes in 2005, but before the full-fledged reunion really took flight, the siblings took off on a 2006 tour billed as Brothers of a Feather, releasing an album of the same name the following summer. Compiled of highlights from their three-night stint at the Roxy in Los Angeles, Brothers of a Feather does distinguish itself from the growing list of official live Black Crowes-related projects just by its intimate nature: hearing the brothers Robinson alone (it's not quite acoustic, since Rich often plays an otherwise unadorned electric) is unique and surprisingly revelatory, illustrating that both Chris and Rich can be sensitive interpreters when stripped down to the bone. But even if there are many soft, almost folky moments -- including a good cover of John Martyn's "Over the Hill," Rich's solo spotlight "Forgiven Song," and a winding version of "Driving Wheel" -- there's plenty of grit and good vibes here, best heard on the roaring opener, "Hosehead," and a down-n-dirty "Darling of the Underground Press." Most of Brothers of a Feather works a middle ground between the ruminative and the rowdy, whether it's on a beautiful reading of Lowell George's "Roll Um Easy" or an epic take on their own "Thorn in My Pride," which proves that they can find a new spin on their old warhorses. And that sentiment applies to Brothers of a Feather as a whole: it's familiar in its sound yet fresh in its approach and certainly worth a listen for Black Crowes fans, no matter if they're hardened hardcore fans or fans who are a bit less dedicated yet no less enamored of the Robinsons' old-time rock & roll. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!