Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$9 (64% Off)|
Rare & Hard-to-Find: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Hot Tuna ~ America's Choice ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Jerry Garcia ~ Garcialive, Volume 2: August 5th 1990 Greek Theater (2-CD) ~ $14.22
- by Hot Tuna ~ Live at New Orleans House Berkeley CA 9/69 ~ $16.18
- by Hot Tuna ~ The Phosphorescent Rat ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Jorma Kaukonen ~ Quah ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: June 17, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Eagle Records
Living Blues - 9/03, p.101"...Breezy pop rock tunes with country overtones along with a healthy amount of spacey jamming..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jack Casady (vocals, acoustic guitar, bass); Paul Barrere (vocals, slide guitar); Jeff Pehrson, Fee Waybill, Ivan Neville (vocals); Jorma Kaukonen (acoustic guitar); Steve Fister, Warren Haynes, Doyle Bramhall II (guitar); Jim Brunberg (mandolin, background vocals); Steffen Presley (Hammond B-3 organ); Steve Gorman, Matt Abts (drums); Diane Quine, Greg Hampton (background vocals).
Recorded at J.C. Studios, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes Jeff Tamarkin.
Jack Casady first came to fame as an original member of the Jefferson Airplane and later, Hot Tuna. The first solo album (at age 59) from this well-traveled and prolific bassist, Dream Factor, is a mixed affair. Unlike most rock bass-playing frontmen, Casady does not sing, so his contributions to his debut are relegated to the occasional bass solo, and as co-writer of nearly all the tracks. His bass playing is more innovative and inspirational than his songwriting, which results in a passable Southern rock, folk, and blues album. Casady calls in friends from Gov't Mule (drummer Matt Abts and guitarist Warren Haynes), along with Little Feat guitarist Paul Barr‚re, Ivan Neville, and the Tubes' Fee Waybill, among others, to help with vocals, and all do an admirable job, but ultimately, the album rests on the strength of its songs, most of which are pleasant, vaguely West Coast folk-pop ballads. When Casady steps out on the burning instrumental jazz-rock fusion "Outside" (which also features Haynes), and again in the middle section of the folksy "Weight of Sin," you get a true sense of his unique bass-playing talents. ~ Hal Horowitz
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,682
- UPC: 826992000824
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
S.U.N.Y. at Stonybrook: Stonybrook, NY 9/19/71 (Live) (2-CD)
$17.62 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE