- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 8, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Kino Video
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Featurette: Monologues
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/11/2007
"[A] solid documentary about how art is made....It is also an unnerving inquiry into power relationships..."
Beginning in the fall of 2000, director Barry Hershey started following the attempts of 350 struggling actresses to land a role in a dramatic film. CASTING ABOUT examines life on the casting couch from the perspective of women from the acting communities of Berlin, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and Boston.