Greg Giraldo Good Day to Cross a River
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Dave Attell's Insomniac Tour Uncensored! ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- by Andy Andrist ~ Dumb It Down For the Masses ~ $12.54
- by Bill Burr ~ Emotionally Unavailable: Expanded Edition (Limited) ~ $9.48
- by Robert Schimmel ~ Robert Schimmel Comes Clean (Live) ~ $13.25
- Released: October 24, 2006
- Label: Comedy Central
- 1.Greatest City On Earth / Getting Old
- 2.WWJD / Priests / Pope / Wal-Mart / Penguins
- 3.Brokeback Mountain / Gay Marriage / Siegfried And Roy
- 4.Room For Dessert / Death By Chocolate / Lent / Snacks
- 5.Fat Ass With Fingers / Illegal Aliens
- 6.SUV / Fat Kids / Suing McDonald's / Dreamakers / Burned Genitals
- 7.The Floater / Maury
- 8.Monkeypox / Osama / Bird Flu
- 10.Dyslexic Luger / Civil War Letters / Kids / Baby In River
- 12.Computer Dating / Couples Fight
- 13.Brian Nichols / Lil Jon / MTV Cribs / Bitches
- 14.Sexual Saturation
There are times during Good Day to Cross a River when the audience is laughing so hard you know they're wiping tears out of their eyes. Standup comedian Greg Giraldo gets them to this point because of his unique pacing. He's a sleazy, disgruntled guy on burst mode, hammering his audience relentlessly with cynical, outrageous, and extremely funny observations. Great thing about Giraldo is that despite his fast pace and all the disgust and ire, he doesn't reach the temper tantrum/nervous breakdown point like Lewis Black, making an hour with the guy a pleasure. Course, Black probably wouldn't touch anything as distasteful as "The Floater," a reality show featuring paraplegics battling it out in a lake. He can be as gross as you'd expect a Howard Stern favorite to be, but his gross is more like National Lampoon's gross was in the '70s with biting wit and toilet humor riding side by side. "Terrorism" is a layered routine that suggests he's well aware of Lenny Bruce, while "Sexual Saturation" goes in a primal direction and foams at the mouth while obsessing on naked mannequins. His versatile style brings into question why his appearances on Comedy Central's series of celebrity roasts brought him to fame. As funny as they are, they seemed canned and merely amusing when compared to this excellent performance. ~ David Jeffries
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!