Don Gibson Don Rocks
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$21.75 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.24 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Don Gibson ~ My God Is Real / I Walk Alone ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: December 9, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Bear Family Germany
- 1.Look Who's Blue
- 2.Sweet Sweet Girl
- 3.Blue Blue Day
- 4.Didn't Work Out, Did It?
- 5.Who Cares (For Me)
- 6.I Can Mend Your Broken Heart
- 7.Bad Bad Day
- 8.Sittin' Here Cryin'
- 9.Won't Cha Come Back to Me
- 10.If You Don't Know It
- 11.Oh Lonesome Me
- 12.Far Far Away
- 13.Don't Tell Me Your Troubles
- 14.I'm Movin' On
- 15.Even Tho'
- 16.Hurtin' Inside
- 17.Sea of Heartbreak
- 18.What About Me
- 19.Camptown Races
- 20.What's the Reason I'm Not Pleasing You
- 22.I Sat Back and Let It Happen
- 23.Lonesome Number One
- 24.That Lonesome Valley
- 25.Why Don't You Love Me
- 26.Fireball Mail
- 27.My Hands Are Tied
- 28.Head Over Heels in Love with You
- 29.There's a Big Wheel
- 30.There She Goes (Let Her Go)
- 31.Singing the Blues
- 32.(Yes) I'm Hurting
- 33.You Don't Knock
Personnel: Don Gibson (vocals, guitar); Jerry Reed Hubbard (guitar, electric guitar); Velma E. Williams Smith, Russell Lee "Rusty" Kershaw, Leonard Sutton, Jerry Glenn Kennedy, George W. McCormick, Grady Martin, Hank Garland, Harold Bradley, James "Jimmie" Selph, Ray Edenton, Samuel K. "Sammy" Pruett (guitar); Chet Atkins (electric guitar); Summie L. Hendrick, Harold Rugg, Lloyd Green (steel guitar); Henry Newton "Tommy" Vaden, Thomas Jackson (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica, vibraphone); Floyd Cramer, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Morris Wilson (harpsichord); Brenton Banks (organ); Douglas Kirkham, Walter Lenk, Troy M. Hatcher, Morris Palmer, Buddy Harman (drums).
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Recording information: Methodist Television Radio & Film Commission, Nashville (02/25/1957-01/20/1966); RCA Victor Studio, Nashville, TN (02/25/1957-01/20/1966).
Illustrators: Reinhard Pietsch; R.A. Andreas.
Photographers: Reinhard Pietsch; R.A. Andreas.
Part of an ongoing series of single-artist anthologies on the well-respected Bear Family reissue label, DON GIBSON ROCKS collects 33 uptempo tracks recorded in the 1950s and '60s by the noted country singer and Music Row songwriter Don Gibson. Highlights include the original version of his well-known song "Sea of Heartbreak," as well comparative obscurities like the sardonic "Didn't Work Out, Did It?," and the pleading ""What's the Reason I'm Not Pleasing You."
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
King of Country Music [Bear Family Box Set] (2-CD)
$41.84 Super Savings
There's Been a Change in Me (1951-1955) (7-CD Box Set)
$167.39 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE