David Allan Coe Compass Point / I've Got Something to Say (2-CD)
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.69 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$9.30 (37% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by David Allan Coe ~ Castles In The Sand / Once Upon A Rhyme ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by David Allan Coe ~ Invictus Means Unconquered / Tennessee Whiskey (2-CD) ~ $15.69
- by David Allan Coe ~ Just Divorced / Darlin' Darlin' Plus ~ $15.69
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 1, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Bear Family
- 1.Heads or Tails
- 2.Three Time Loser
- 3.Gone (Like)
- 4.Honey Don't
- 6.Merle and Me
- 7.Loving Her (Will Make You Lose Your Mind)
- 8.The Fish Aren't Bitin' Today
- 9.X's and O's (Kisses and Hugs)
- 10.I've Got Something to Say
- 11.Back to Atlanta
- 12.I Could Never Give You Up (For Someone Else)
- 13.Take It Easy Rider
- 14.Great Nashville Railroad Disaster, The (A True Story)
- 15.Hank Williams Junior-Junior
- 16.Get a Little Dirt on Your Hands
- 17.If You'll Hold the Ladder (I'll Climb to the Top)
- 18.This Bottle (In My Hand)
- 19.Take This Job and Shove It Too
- 20.Lovin' You Comes So Natural
2 LPs on 1 CD: COMPASS POINT (1979)/I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY (1980).
Producers: Ron Bledsoe, David Allan Coe, Billy Sherrill.
Reissue producer: Richard Weize.
Personnel: David Allan Coe (vocals, guitar); George Jones, Guy Clark, Kris Kristofferson, Larry Jon Wilson, Bill Anderson (vocals); Dickey Betts, Dale Seigfreid (guitar); Owen "Boomer" Castleman (banjo); Buddy Spicher (fiddle).
Recording information: CBS Recording Studios; Compass Point Studio, Nassau, Bahamas, Caribbean Key; Pete's Place, Nashville TN.
Illustrator: R.A. Andreas.
Photographer: R.A. Andreas.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Wesley Taylor; Miles Costin; Henry Strzelecki; George Heard; Theodore W Irwin; Mike Barton; Leon Petty; Alan Hicks; Ken Bell; Reggie Young ; Shane Keister; Steve Nathan ; Kenny Malone; Owen Hale; Jimmy English; Ralph Ezell; Chalmers Davis.
The pairing of Compass Point and I've Got Something to Say is the oddest of the two-fers issued by Bear Family as volume five in their David Allan Coe Columbia retrospective. On his ninth and tenth albums for Columbia, Coe was still looking for respect from radio program directors in Nash Vegas and nationwide -- and wasn't getting it, despite the ace production team of Billy Sherrill and Ron Bledsoe. Compass Point is the most reflective of Coe's albums in the sense that it seemingly constantly looks back to the previous, and most of that isn't pretty; in fact, it's full of regret and remorse, but the determination to transcend as well. The percussion tracks are straight out of Jimmy Buffett's classic records and the atmospherics are pure Sherrill -- phased guitars and accordions and fiddles shimmering in and out of the mix. Two of the finest songs on the album are "Gone (Like)" and "Loving Her (Will Make You Lose Your Mind)." I've Got Something to Say is Coe's star-guest album -- a blatant attempt for radio airplay (it says so in the liner notes) that doesn't work at all. From the re-recording of "This Bottle (In My Hand)," with George Jones (given that this was recorded in 1980, when Jones was a recently recovering alcoholic, it's tasteless) to the re-recording of "Take This Job and Shove It," done as a reaction to the film of the same name, the songs are more boisterous than inspired. "Take It Easy Rider," with Guy Clark, sounds more confused and lost than anything else, and "Hank Williams Junior-Junior" with the Allman Brothers' Dickey Betts and Kris Kristofferson is a bad -- no, make that terrible -- novelty song. This is the only case in which it is too bad that a very decent outing like Compass Point was paired with such a poor one. ~ Thom Jurek
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.89 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The King of Country Music: The Complete Foundation... (CD)
$251.09 Super Savings
King of Country Music [Bear Family Box Set] (2-CD)(8)
$31.37 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Doo Wop, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE